Sunny Coast Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE

+4
Trey Star
Elizabeth May Miller
Elijah Reid
Gwen Novak
8 posters

Go down

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Empty [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE

Post by Gwen Novak Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

WARNING - Because of the amount of change that will occur with part 2, the forum will be closed for 2 days.
That's WEDNESDAY APRIL 17 - THURSDAY APRIL 18.
Please understand that depending on how fast we work the forum could be open sooner, but we just want to give ourselves enough time just in case.

Sooo what's soo amazing that the forum needs to be shut down? Read below...

So first of all the academy will expand much greater than it is now. We want to achieve an actually academy feel and sort of rid of the rep we have now, which seems like a HS full of delinquents haha. We will be taking on a Harry Potter feel, BUT without all the magic and stuff.
You will now have 3 options as an age starting point, if attending the academy as a student.
Options are starting as a year 1 which would be 11, starting as a year 4 which would be 14 or starting as a year 8 ( I know we're going all out lol) which would be 18 college. Since when did hogwarts have a college lol? Shhh!

To expand on this "hogwarties" idea we will be implementing a housing system, to get that feel of togetherness and encourage teamwork.
I decided to split these houses based on cliques, we will split the cliques in four groups which I've already done. I've also added 3 new cliques to make things even which are: Thespian, Burnout, and Foreign Exchange. ( Which plays nicely with our Foreign Exchange Student program)
The cliques have been split based on similarities, the splits are:

Jocks, Goofballs, Populars, & Elites = Gallivantis House

Preps, Tarts, Wannabees, & Foreign Exchange = Facilus House

Averages, Nerds, Beloveds, & Thespians = Odiosis House

Outcast, Scenes, Rebels, & Burnouts = Solus House

I think I'll actually split them house wise, then again by gender NOT ages. BUT to keep things somewhat realistic.... we will have a prefects room which will house older students like college age and seniors. So that 20 year olds aren't dorming with 11 year olds lol.

With the houses just like HP, we will be issuing out house points and what not, it should all together be fun, soo
SADLY OR LUCKILY. Dorms WILL be rearranged based on your house. Still altogether random.

Next to spice up this new update and the board altogether, we will bringing in a brand new skin and new clique "graphics" Special thanks to Ethan for these.

Lastly, to KEEEP this academy feel we're striving for. We'll be adding an interactive storyline. Part of this was suggested by Kenton. Thank You!
So all these years SCA never had a true story line, so it was always, random here and there, and sometimes people even invented their own story or background for SCA, problem is, if everyone is doing that we'll end up with a hundred different stories for SCA & that's not cool haha. So we will be working on a permanent and official storyline for our board.
The way it will work is.. maybe once a month there will be new chapters. Like a story book each chapter will reveal new details on SCA. It won't be all mystery and spooky or anything, but theres a huge secret behind SCA, who will find out?
Best part is these "stories" will be huge plots or events , which will require plot sign ups because they are interactive, so your character can be apart of SCA's history.
In addition to the main story we can have side plots or events that really have nothing to do with the main storyline, but add history to SCA.

Ok so this pretty much wraps up this huge update, along with some new places I'll be adding in theres alot to do, reason I issued two days, I know it sucks, But we promise to work hard and fast so SCA can open back up asap.
Thank You guys for supporting SCA, and we hope this update make it 10x better for everyone.

- Love, Kuduh

Last edited by Gwen Novak on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwen Novak

SCA Cash : 1022

http://www.sunnycoastacademy.com

Back to top Go down

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Empty Re: [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE

Post by Elijah Reid Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 am

I say go ahead.
Elijah Reid
Elijah Reid

SCA Cash : 43
 [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Au201210  [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Crown-gold-icon

Back to top Go down

[OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Empty Re: [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE

Post by Gwen Novak Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 am

I say, thanks for commenting x]
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth May Miller Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:12 am

Razz Gonna be a fun fun time!
Elizabeth May Miller
Elizabeth May Miller

SCA Cash : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Star Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:56 pm

looking forward to being a burnout lol
Trey Star
Trey Star

SCA Cash : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth May Miller Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Elizabeth has to be put in Thespians. Beautiful!
Elizabeth May Miller
Elizabeth May Miller

SCA Cash : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris moon Bugem Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I Hope the Solus House house wont get burnt down on day. Love the idea
Iris moon Bugem
Iris moon Bugem

SCA Cash : 49
 [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Sprsca10  [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Luxor Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't know if you know yet, but would we be doing to get house points? lol.
Zoe Luxor
Zoe Luxor

SCA Cash : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank You guys for commenting, it really means a lot ^_^
Zoe, the list isn't fully complete yet, but things like going to classes, starting and finishing threads, giving helpful suggestions to the board, advertising, and a few IC things as well.
Losing points will mostly be from IC actions, say your character gets in trouble for some reason. I could take away points from her house because of that. Similar to HP haha.

Thanks again Guys! :]
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimistree Ares Elliot Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Alright, Question on the brain. on the brain. Let me just start off by saying that I kind of like the idea. But I don't love it a lot because I'm a bit conffuzled. I mostly don't understand the interactive thing. Are we gonna like, do our own topics like before and have those interactive story lines on the side or are we all going to be involved in this whole story line without doing our own thing? I'm sorry if this is a stupid or confusing question, but I really just don't understand. And I kind of don't understand the ages either. Are we going back to elementary? I feel really dumb asking these questions but I don't want to be the only person doing something totally different than what we're supposed to be doing.
Kimistree Ares Elliot
Kimistree Ares Elliot

SCA Cash : 19
 [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Sco10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwen Novak Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm

No you aren't going to elementary hehe. It's just another option, like the option to start off at 14 or 18. 11 Would make a third option if someone wanted to play a younger student.

The interactive storyline will play out as plot events, which will include a sign up list, it will sort of be directed, like giving you a point a and an point b, but what you do between those points and as long as you follow the main storyline given for these plots, it's all up to you.

But these plot events are optional, so you won't have to sign up if you don't want to, it's just a good way to get your characters involved with others and become a part of this school's history.
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Thanks for asking.
Gwen Novak

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Delaney Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 pm

everything about this renovation/update/thing is wonderful and that's all there really is to say.
Nikki Delaney
Nikki Delaney

SCA Cash : 21
 [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Sco10  [OOG] WE BUILT THIS CITY! PART 2 - UPDATE Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down